Faculty and Staff Directory » Ashley ScudderView Directory | Update Profile
Department: Human Development & Family Studies
Office: 4380 Palmer 2222 Osborn Dr., Ames, IA 50011
Phone number: +1 515 294 6316
- Early childhood behavioral difficulties
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Childhood trauma
- Implementation science
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Trauma-informed care
- Increasing public knowledge and access to evidence-based practices
- Integrated behavioral health
- Scudder, A. T., Taber-Thomas, S., Herschell, A. D., Schaffner, K., Pemberton, J., & Hunter, L. A Mixed-Methods Study of System- Level Sustainability of Evidence-Based Practices in 12 Large-Scale Implementation Initiatives. Health Research Policy and Systems. (2017), 15:102 doi: 10.1186/s12961-017-0230-8.
- Herschell, A. D., Scudder, A. T., Schaffner, K., & Slagel, L. (2016). Feasibility and Effectiveness of Parent-child Interaction Therapy with Victims of Domestic Violence: A Pilot Study. Journal of Child and Family Studies.
- Scudder, A. T., & Herschell, A. D. Building an evidence-base for the training of evidence-based treatments in community settings: Use of an expert-informed approach, Children and Youth Services Review. (2015), doi: 10.1016/j.childyouth.2015.05.003.
- (Scudder)Tempel A. B., McNeil, C. B., Chengappa, K., & Costello, A. H. Evaluation of a standard parenting program within a women’s state prison facility and a parent-training class modeled from group- based parent-child interaction therapy (2014). Children and Youth Services Review. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2014.08.015.
- Fritz, R., (Scudder)Tempel, A. B., Sigel, B., Conner-Burrows, N., Worley, K. & Kramer, T. L. Improving the Dissemination of Evidence-Based Treatments: Facilitators and Barriers to Participating in Case Consultation (2013). Professional Psychology: Research and Practice (PPRP).
- Kramer, T. L., Sigel, B., Conner-Burrows, N., Savary, P., & (Scudder)Tempel, A. B. A statewide introduction of trauma-informed care in a child welfare system (2013). Children and Youth Services Review, 35(1), 19-24.
- Conner-Burrows, N., (Scudder)Tempel, A. B., Sigel, B., Church, J., Worley, K. & Kramer, T. L. The development of a systematic approach to mental health screening in child advocacy centers (2012). Children and Youth Services Review, 34(9), 1675-1682.
Licensed Psychologist Iowa, Pennsylvania
Certified Health Service Provider in Psychology
PCIT International Certified Level II Regional Trainer
Penn State University College of Medicine Family Medicine Clerkship Exceptional Teaching Award
NIMH Child Intervention, Prevention, and Services (CHIPS) Fellow