Faculty and Staff Directory » Margaret TorrieView Directory | Update Profile
Title: Associate Professor Emeritus
Department: Human Development & Family Studies
- Assessment strategies for Family and Consumer Sciences national standards
- Coping and stress - management techniques, impact on individuals and families.
- Implications of service learning for professional development and epistemic thinking
- Marketing home economics programs - curriculum development, nontraditional student recruitment.
- Professional preparation in Family and Consumer Sciences and Family Relations and Human Development
Published works and presentations
Cowan, D.L., Torrie, M., Hausafus, C.O., and Swanson, N.W. (2004) Collaboration and reciprocity in education (CARE): Partnership models in local and international settings. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences 96(3), 35-39.
Cowan, D.L., Kagima, L., Torrie, M., Hausafus, C., Machacha, R. (2003). Serving a New Community: A Sustaining Model of International Service-Learning. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences. 95(2), 54-55.
Taylor, D., Torrie, M., Hausafus, C., and Strasser, M. (2000). Interactive technology-based television delivery. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 17(2), 38-47.
- Ed.D., University of Illinois-Urbana, 1977
- M.Ed., Wayne State University, 1971
- B.S., Wayne State University, 1969
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Phi Delta Kappa