HDFS Minors

The Department of Human Development and Family Studies offers minors in:

Human Development and Family Studies

Educational services in family and consumer sciences

Financial counseling and planning

The department also partners with several other programs for an interdepartmental gerontology minor.

Adding a Minor

The courses required for a minor can be found in the ISU catalog under the department offering the minor.

Minimum credits: Minors require a minimum of 15 credits, and some require more.

Steps to take: Visit with an advisor or faculty member who coordinates the minor you are seeking. The minor request form (PDF) must be completed and approved before the minor will be added to your program and appear on the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS).

Ready for the Next Steps?